Although the packing (or better yet, re-packing) is nearing a close, I am just writing a quick note to say that I am off to Tanzania tomorrow!
I hope to be able to spend time re-capping some of the other exciting
things that were included in my training, but in short they include
things such as great evening meetings with old friends, going to the
Rick Mercer Report on the Friday, meeting amazing Interns from across
Canada with varying backgrounds and specialties, spending a few evenings and afternoons talking and having dinners with the other interns including on St. Pattys Day, learning to navigate
my way around the downtown core and transit system of the greater
Toronto area, and so so much more that I am much too tired to remember
right now!
Overall things ended extremely well with training though. I couldn't be more pleased
with having trained with such strong and empowering women who will ALL
do extremely well on their respective placements! The more I came to
learn about CIDA IYIP (International Youth Internship Program) Interns
and the highly competitive nature of these positions, the more I feel
absolutely privileged to have been offered such an amazing opportunity
to both accomplish (hopefully) amazing work for the partner
organization and Morogoro region as well as be given the opportunity to
learn and develop new skills in a relatively new field to me!
Anyways, the much anticipated day is almost here and I am looking forward to a long, hopefully sleep filled, flight to Amsterdam tomorrow. Followed by a long event whereby I force myself to stay awake all day and night until I reach Dar Es Salaam on the night of the 21st!!
Sorry to all those I have not responded to via email/message yet, sadly training, life their after, and reading reports and last minute shopping (including an environmentally friendly pair of rubber boots that I was recommended for 'field' work, literally) have consumed all my free time! I will do my best to respond as soon as I can.
I hope you have all been doing well and enjoying my few messages thus far!
Lots of Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment